Thursday, June 7, 2012


Butter Please

 

Not only do I have to decide what movie I want to see, now I have to decide what flavor popcorn I want.  I remember when the only two options of popcorn were with or without butter.  Now choosing what flavor popcorn I want when I go to the movies is an experience in itself.  




Well, I guess when choosing my popcorn flavor I have to decide if I want dinner, dessert, or a snack on my popcorn.  To get a complete understanding of what I mean here is a list of the unique popcorn seasoning flavors.



  • White Cheddar
  • Nacho Cheddar
  • Butter
  • Ranch
  • Parmesan & Garlic
  • Carmel
  • Sour Cream & Onion
  • Salt
  • Kettle Corn
  • Cheesy Jalapeno
  • Apple Cinnamon
  • Chocolate Marshmallow
  • Barbeque
  • Cajun
  • Chili Lime
  • Salt & Vinegar
  • Milk Chocolate Carmel
  • Jalapeño
  • Pizza
  • Bacon Cheddar
  • Buffalo Wing








Wow, who would have thought that you could have pizza popcorn, buffalo wing popcorn, and apple cinnamon popcorn?  I am guessing you want to know if I tried any of these unique flavors.  For the purposes of having a unique movie experience, I sure did.  I actually tried seven different flavors throughout several weeks and I must say my favorite is, wait for it, Parmesan & Garlic!!  For me this flavor popcorn fit my taste buds because I love parmesan cheese and garlic flavors.  However, I did have a major aftertaste which in turn made me drink more soda, which is essentially what movie theaters want.



The pizza flavoring was interesting, it actually tasted like you were eating a pizza.  I however enjoy eating a real piece of pizza instead of on my popcorn.  The Cajun flavoring was also very good however it got a little hot for my taste buds.   The salt and vinegar popcorn seasoning was good; it tasted just like salt and vinegar chips.  The barbeque flavor popcorn was okay, however I prefer barbeque flavor on ribs as opposed to popcorn.


So now that I have experienced a different spin on traditional popcorn, I challenge each and every one of you who is reading my blog to try a different flavor of popcorn besides butter the next time you go to the movies!





No comments:

Post a Comment